mental health matters
Mental Health Resource List
ASBC recognizes the challenges posed by trying to find and access mental health resources. To help reduce the barriers, we, ASBC, compiled a list of various mental health resources. We hope this list is shared to help as many people as possible. We recognize that this list is not inclusive, so if there are ever any resources that should be here, please feel free to contact us so we can add it to this list.
On campus mental health resources for students
University of Manitoba Student Counselling Centre (SCC)
- Phone Number: (204)474-8592
- Website: http://umanitoba.ca/student-supports/counselling-resources-students
- About: The University of Manitoba’s Student Counselling Centre (SCC) provides numerous counselling services to students. In addition, the SCC offers workshops and groups every weekday to help students with various challenges.
University of Manitoba Health Service (UHS)
- Phone Number: (204)474-8411
- Website: http://umanitoba.ca/student/health/index.html
- About: UHS provides comprehensive health care for both physical and mental health issues. You can book an appointment over the phone or in-person. A limited number of same-day appointments are available by making an appointment in person or over the phone when the clinic opens at 8:30 a.m. These appointments are offered on a ‘first-come, first-serve’ basis. If you are a student from the Bannatyne campus, please inform us of this when you are making your appointment as we have set aside specific appointment times at the beginning and end of each day for Bannatyne students.
University of Manitoba Health and Wellness Office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (204)295-9032
- Website: http://umanitoba.ca/student-supports/health-wellness
- About: University of Manitoba’s Health and Wellness Office is a judgment-free space that helps students take control of their health by providing health and wellness information.
Indigenous Student Centre (ISC)
- Phone Number: (204)474-8850
- Email: email@example.com
- About: The Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) welcomes and supports Indigenous students. We offer holistic academic, cultural, personal and physical supports and resources.
Elders In Residence at Migizii Agamik and Across U of M Campuses
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- About: Elders-in-Residence provide cultural and spiritual guidance to students and employees of the University of Manitoba. They lead cultural teaching sessions, ceremonies and events on our campuses, and are also available for individual and group consultations by appointment.
Weekly Support Chat for International Students:
- Email: email@example.com for more information.
- Website: https://eventscalendar.umanitoba.ca/site/research/event/weekly-support-chat-for-international-students-22/
- About: Chats take place every Thursday from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. Full schedule is available on the website. Current and new international students are invited to join the UM International Centre and fellow students for a weekly video chat on Zoom! Share tips, learn about UM and community resources and supports, and connect with other international students!
Student Support Case Management
- Phone Number: (204)474-7423
- Location: 520 UMSU University Centre
- Website: http://umanitoba.ca/student/case-manager/
- About: Students who are experiencing personal, academic, or financial distress and need support may contact the SSCM office for support. They can assist you in creating a wellness and support plan and finding help from on- or off-campus resources to make a plan work for you.
Off-campus mental health resources for students
- Phone Number: 1-833-628-5589
- Website: https://studentcare.ca/rte/en/IHaveAPlan_UniversityofManitoba_EmpowerMe_EmpowerMe
- About: Short-Term over the phone or in-person free counselling support available to University of Manitoba Students (provided by UMSU).
Klinic Community Health (Drop-In Counselling & more)
- Phone Number: (204) 784-4090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://klinic.mb.ca/
- About: Klinic Community Health provides a full range of health-related services, including counselling and crisis support, to promote health and quality of life for all.
Kids Help Phone
- Phone Number:1-800-668-6868
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: kidshelpphone.ca
- About: Kids Help Phone is a nation-wide service that offers professional counselling, information, and referrals to young people in both official languages by phone, text, mobile app, or website.
Crisis Supports – phone lines & online support
Klinic Crisis Line (24/7)
- Phone Number: (204)786-8686
Manitoba Farm, Rural, and Northern Support Services
- Phone Number: Toll Free 1-866-367-3276
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Friday: 10am-9pm
- After hours hotline: 1-888-322-3019
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQs: http://klinic.mb.ca/crisis-support/
- About: Manitoba Farm, Rural & Northern Support Services (MFRNSS) provides telephone and online counselling to farmers, rural and northern Manitobans.
Hope for Wellness Helpline (24/7)
- Phone Number: Call the toll-free Help Line at 1-855-242-3310, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or use the chat box located on the website.
- Website: https://www.hopeforwellness.ca/
- About: The Hope for Wellness Help Line offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada. Experienced and culturally competent Help Line counsellors can help. If asked, counsellors can also work with you to find other wellness supports that are available near you. Phone and chat counselling is available in English and French. On request, phone counselling is also available in Cree, Ojibway and Inuktitut
WRHA Mobile Crisis Service
- Phone Number: (204)940-1781
Manitoba Suicide Prevention & Support Line (24/7)
- Phone Number: (204)784-4097
- Toll free Number: 1-877-435-7170
- Website: reasontolive.ca
Sexual Assault Crisis Line (24/7)
- Phone Number: (204) 786-8631
- Toll free Number: 1-888-292-7565
- Phone Number:
- Fort Garry Campus: (204)474-7005
- Bannatyne Campus: (204)474-8592
- Email: Edgar.French@umanitoba.ca
- About: Spiritual Care provides support by helping students make sense of the values and beliefs that are important to them, enabling them to live meaningful lives.
- Phone Number: (204)474-8721
- Email: email@example.com
- About: Chaplaincy Offices are staffed as usual with spiritual care providers available on a drop in or appointment basis to see students, faculty, and staff.
Community mental health support
Rainbow Resource Centre
- Phone Number: (204) 474-0212
- Toll-Free: 1 (855) 437-8523
- Website: https://rainbowresourcecentre.org/
- About: Rainbow Resource Centre (RRC) offers support to the 2SLGBTQ+ community in the form of counselling, education, and programming for individuals ranging from children through to 55±. It also supports families, friends, and employers of 2SLGBTQ+ individuals.
- Phone Number: 204-783-8565
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.sunshinehousewpg.org/
- About: Sunshine House is a community drop-in and resource centre focusing on harm reduction and social inclusion. We work to provide programming that fulfills people’s social, community, and recreational needs. Participants can come as they are and are not expected to be “clean” or sober.
Black, Indigenous and Persons of Colour Mental Health Workers Resource List
- Email: email@example.com.
- Website: https://cnwpg.org/bipoc-mental-health-workers-resource-list/
About: While this is geared toward supporting BIPOC mental health workers, it is identified that these resources are intended to support the BIPOC community in Winnipeg and contains a wide range of helpful mental health resources for QBIPOC and BIPOC. The list is updated every month, and they have a helpful Archive section on the website where you can go back to revisit resources that have already been posted.
Immigrant Women’s Counselling Service
- Phone Number: (204)940-6624
- Location: 200-323 Portage Avenue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- About: The Immigrant Women’s Counselling Service offers: Counselling for women who face violence or trauma, Group counselling on healthy relationships, anger management, parenting, and self-esteem, and Services available in several languages
Jewish Child and Family Services
- Phone Number: (204)477-7430
- Location: 123 Doncaster Street
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.jcfswinnipeg.org
- About: The Jewish Child and Family Service provides:
- Counseling and mental health support for individuals, couples, and families
- Services in several languages
- Fees are on a sliding scale starting at $10/session
- Phone Number: (204)233-1735
- Location: 114-420 Rue Des Meurons
- Website: www.pluri-elles.mb.ca
- About: Pluri-elles offers:
- Help for French-speaking men, women, and children
- Help with job searches and employability
- Counselling and support; help with literacy and budgeting
Society for Manitobans with Disabilities (SMD)
- Phone Number: (204)975-3010
- Location: 825 Sherbrook Street
- Website: www.smd.mb.ca
- About: The Society for Manitobans with Disabilities Ethnocultural Program helps newcomers with disabilities access services in the community
Educative Mental Health Resources
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
Mental Health Commission of Canada
Mood Disorders Society of Canada
- Website: https://mdsc.ca/
Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba
- Website: http://www.mooddisordersmanitoba.ca/
- Website: https://www.anxietycanada.com/
Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba
- Website: http://www.adam.mb.ca/
- Website: http://www.redtentwpg.com/resources
Manitoba Schizophrenia Society:
- Website: https://mss.mb.ca/
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to add to our resource list.